Welcome to Dr. Ellouise's Blog About Being Healthy Even If You're Poor!

Because of the comments people have made about the URL of this site, I have moved it to one that is less offensive. The new site is: http://www.notwealthybuthealthy.blogspot.com

This site will remain so you can get the old recipes, but the new site will be used from now on.

Today is Thanksgiving, have a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, food and FUN!

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Pizza and the Spinach Salad

The pizza crust was the one I got at the Food Bank and it was "multi-grain" and very thick.  I like thin crust so that part wasn't my favorite.  The rest of it tasted great. 

However, those who are hooked on dairy cheese probably wouldn't have liked how the Vegan Cheese didn't melt.  But, it tasted just fine. 

I made a spinach salad to go with it, here's the recipe (all ingredients I got at the Food Bank on Saturday, except for the salad dressing from my friend and the raw sunflower seeds that I had in the freezer):

Baby spinach
Carrots - diced very small
Cauliflower - cut in small pieces
Celery - diced
Grape tomatoes
Raw sunflower seeds (last Spring I had the money to buy 10 pounds and I put it into the freezer)
Raisins
Girard's Raspberry dressing (my friend bought it with food stamps)

Put the spinach on individual salad plates.  Slice and dice carrots, cauliflower and celery and put on top.  Put grape tomatoes and sunflower seed on top.  Add raisins to the top.  Put the dressing on the side so each person can choose how much and what kind to use.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment