Welcome to Dr. Ellouise's Blog About Being Healthy Even If You're Poor!

Because of the comments people have made about the URL of this site, I have moved it to one that is less offensive. The new site is: http://www.notwealthybuthealthy.blogspot.com

This site will remain so you can get the old recipes, but the new site will be used from now on.

Today is Thanksgiving, have a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, food and FUN!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Comfort Food on a Cold Night

Last night, I had steamed potatoes and carrots for dinner (we received lots of carrots and potatoes at the food bank), .  I just love them and they are very easy to make if you have a steamer.  My favorite steamer is Black & Decker Handy Steamer/Rice Cooker.  I use it for both veggies and for rice.  There's not really a recipe but I'll put down what I did.

Wash potatoes and carrots with fruit and vegetable rinse. Cut them into smallish pieces and put into steamer basket (not the rice cooker part).  Put water into bottom of steamer and put the drip pan on top and then the steamer basket on top of that.

Put the timer onto 45 minutes and plug it into the socket.

When the potatoes and carrots are soft, take them out of the steamer basket and put them onto a plate.  My favorite margerine is Earth Balance and I put that on top and salt and pepper them. 

Yum!  Great comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment