Welcome to Dr. Ellouise's Blog About Being Healthy Even If You're Poor!

Because of the comments people have made about the URL of this site, I have moved it to one that is less offensive. The new site is: http://www.notwealthybuthealthy.blogspot.com

This site will remain so you can get the old recipes, but the new site will be used from now on.

Today is Thanksgiving, have a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, food and FUN!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tips on Being Healthy Even If You are Poor

I make choices to NOT do some activities that are common to Americans today. 

I rarely:
1. Get a latte or other costly caffeine jolts
2. Eat out
3. Go to the movies (I get movies from the library)
4. Join a gym (walking is very healthy and doesn't cost anything)
5. Do much of anything that costs anything like going to baseball games or concerts

Admittedly, these choices limit my social interactions but, currently, I have so many part time jobs that I don't have much time to be social anyway.

What I do:
1. Join in on church activities which don't cost anything
2. Each week, I lead worship for Pierce County Christian Singles
3. Keep up with my friends via my cell phone either by texting or by calling
4. Keep up with my friends via email
5. Walk, walk, walk
6. Keep my brain active by learning new skills or information (for the last 8 years, this has been in the form of adding new jobs in which I had to learn new skills).
7. Although I try to be as regular as I can regarding taking care of my home, I am very flexible regarding my schedule so "changes" don't throw me off.
8. I get my books from the library and read about 2 or 3 a week

No comments:

Post a Comment