Welcome to Dr. Ellouise's Blog About Being Healthy Even If You're Poor!

Because of the comments people have made about the URL of this site, I have moved it to one that is less offensive. The new site is: http://www.notwealthybuthealthy.blogspot.com

This site will remain so you can get the old recipes, but the new site will be used from now on.

Today is Thanksgiving, have a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, food and FUN!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Spinach Salad--YUM!

Last week, when I came home from my Sylvan job, I found 4 bags of groceries on my porch!  What a blessing!  It had spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and celery in it (among other things).  I decided to make spinach salads for this week.  I put the spinach and other ingredients into plastic containers. 

Here's my recipe:

Spinach
Carrots - diced
Celery-diced
Tomatoes - diced and put into little container separately
Cucumbers - diced and put into little container separately
Raw sunflower seeds (in teeny containter)
Raisins  (in teeny container)
Raw almonds (in teensy container)
Dressing of your choice (my favorites are Annies Gingerly and Paul Newman's)

Put the spinach, carrots, celery (and any other fresh vegetables that you have-like cauliflower) into the plastic container.  Then put the teeny containers of sunflower seeds, raisins and almonds into the corners of the salald container.  Put the tomatoes into one little container and the cucumbers into another.

I put them all together on the weekend and then I can just grab the whole thing each morning so it's really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment